Monday, February 4, 2008

Running in a fog.

Again, to Rob 25:08 and Kim 80 miles at Rocky Raccoon 100, congratulations. In 1993 I ran Rocky and had a great time. It was a cooler race that year and they had one less bridge. I remember on my last 20 mile loop the temperatures dropped to 28 and there was the last over the hips stream crossing. I stared at that water for 14 minutes before I plunged across. Upon reaching the other side my pace did increase dramatically.

Saturday I ran 3 miles on my treadmill and had a great treadmill experience. The best ever and that's saying something. The furthest I ran on a tread mill was 10 miles, never again!!!!!!!

Today I was at Mohican and ran 8 miles, both road and trail. At 4 pm it was foggy and surreal.
I just love running in the clouds/fog. I could run forever, not actually just 8.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks Don!
On the third loop, I was a bit creeped out going through the swamp area at Rocky.
On the fourth loop, I was hoping an alligator would eat me and I wouldn't have to walk any further!

Can't wait to get back to run at Mohican again.

Running 2 Mohican said...

Thanks Don! I appreciate your help getting me trained!