Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mud, Mud, and more Mud.

I went out today and ran 8 miles of the Mohican trails. It was so nice since not one other sole was out there. It was probably due to the wet muddy conditions. However it was nice to be a solitary runner in the wilds of Mohican. Now let me make clear, that even though there was mud out on the trails it was not even close to the Kansas mud.
We had the track end of year banquet or pizza pig out. It was nice seeing all the cheerful faces. I am referring to the coaches as they know another season has come to a close. Yes another year of school comes to an end and another season of track season. Now I will prepare for cross country season. This will be number 10 as the head coach. This will be a challenging year as the boys will be in a rebuilding year and the girls hopefully will be different from the last two years. Scary!

Decision: I have decided not to do Teton Dam Marathon in Rexburg, Idaho on June 14. It seems I am not trained enough and I don't want to an expensive trip just to have a bummer of a race. I know I would complete it, but I am still competitive enough to want to do well.

Rob Powell's daughter Molly says she wants to do cross country. Now that's one smart girl. She should do well and hopefully she doesn't have her fathers knees.

No comments: