Sunday, June 1, 2008

Crash and Burn

Today I planned a nice trail run of 20 miles. As I was getting ready to go out the door, Rob Powell called and was planning a 21 mile run. So I opted to wait for him and we headed to the covered bridge to do red and green of the Mohican 100 course. I had ran a little over 3 miles when I noticed I was getting dizzy and having some difficulties. Around 6 miles I told Rob I was aborting the planned run and heading home. He said no problem he would head back to the car with me.
I figured we ran near 9 miles, but it wasn't pretty.
Rob graciously said it wasn't a problem as we headed to my home in his car.
That's the first time I had that problem so early in a run. It was not hot, only 73. I was hydrated.
May not have been carbed up enough, but problems in 5 miles?
I'm considering aborting my planned marathon in Idaho in 2 weeks. I am not adequately trained, gas cost are way up, and I can train properly for another day.
Reality Check!

No comments: