Sunday, November 9, 2008

15 Miles on the Trails of Mohican

Today I ran 15 miles on the trails of Mohican. Meeting with the early birds at 8 AM, we ran the infamous purple loop (Rob, Michelle, and Mike from Columbus). At the 3 mile point of the run we ran into the Medina Connection (Roy Heger, Patrick, and others---oops at 58 you tend to forget names and other things.). After returning to the covered bridge we headed out the red loop to the bridle staging area and continued to a point where me and Rob planned to abort to do a section of trail to be used on 'Forget the PR 50KM' race to be held on April 19th. The others went on to Rock Point then back to the covered bridge via south park and fire tower.
I was pleased with my 15 miles and seeing a section of trail I have not run before.
The weather was much cooler and some runners not to be named made fun of my attire. I was however very comfortable and did not get overheated.
Thanks Rob for making me do the additional 0.3 miles to make 15 miles even.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish that "mike from columbus" was me...I was working today. I am headed out to do my 9 miles now....

I miss Mohican! (and my friends)

Anonymous said...

don, your life seems a little dull...
don't you miss yelling the track people yet? you better be coming to that meeting on wednesday.

Running 2 Mohican said...

Don,

I want you to knwo your skort outfit looked nice. LOL

Hard Core on that last .30 miles. Way to go!

Rob

Unknown said...

Don had a Skort on?
My damn foot. I wish I could have been there with camera in hand.

Don: said...

I don't know what a skort is, but I was comfortable. The run was nice.

Yes I will be doing some yelling this winter at young folks during Indoor Track. I won't be denied....