Friday, September 18, 2009

15 miles and the back felt great.


I ran 15 miles at Kokosing Gap Trail near Gambier. I have been having lots of back pain of late, but today I did well and no problems. That's good news since I will be doing a marathon next week. Yes, the Clarence DeMar Marathon, Keene, New Hampshire.
On Sunday I did the Odyssey 6 Hour Run at Kenyon College. This race was off road, trail and cross country style course. A beautiful setting and a well run event.
The problem was I had major back pain within 5 miles. I trudged on and did a pitiful 24.8 miles. That gave me a nice 4th overall out of 42 entrants. However I was super chicked by Terri Lemke and Kim Boner who were 1st and 2nd. The 3rd place went to another male runner who ran the same distance as me, he just went home a few hours earlier than me.
Congratulations to Terri and Kim for a nice race as they never looked fatigued.

My cross country teams had a good day last Tuesday winning both boys and girls races at our home tri-meet. Bryan Derr performed well, as always with a new course record and an another win. Hadley Greer smoked the girls and is now finding her winning ways. She just a freshman, but acts like a junior high kid. So there is hope for her.

1 comment:

Mark Carroll said...

Glad to hear that your back is better. Have a great run in N.H.!