Friday, October 23, 2009

Districts and the Mudman Triple


Low and behold I am writing a blog after too long an absence.
I have been running and training for the upcoming Rhode Island 6 Hour Ultra to be held on November 15th. This will be my 43 rd state and I am looking forward to the event and format.

Districts are tomorrow for my cross country teams. While injuries and sickness have plagued the teams all season we are hopeful they both can make it to the next dance, Regional s at Boardman.
If only my 3rd runner boy wasn't injured (not running) and my 4th girl wasn't sick (running) and 5th girl not injured (running) we would obviously do much better. We still should make a strong showing either way.

Mudman Triple will be run on trails and whatever else they can find to make a sloppy day of it.
The races are run at Kenyon College at the BFEC Education Center and the Observatory.
Saturday night there will be a 5 KM Time Trial in the dark on hilly trails. Headlamp is required.
I hope I make it in time from the district meet to be held at Malone College.
Sunday morning are two races.
The 1st is a Steeplechase 5 km. More mud and water and trail.
2nd a 10 KM trail race.
Do all three and your a MUDMAN.....not MADMAN!
Will report on all of the above.

Also, I thought I would put up a photo just for the heck of it. Mansfield Y Running Club, enjoy.

4 comments:

Mark Carroll said...

Good luck and have fun!!

4-EVER RUNNING said...

Have fun, Don!! The Mudman race sounds better than running 50 miles at RWS LOL

Sherry said...

I follow your blog and didn't know about this Madman series I think I will come down from Kent today to give it a shot. Have a place at Apple Valley to stay Just ran Columbus Marathon so it will be just for fun Maybe I will meet you

Don: said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
It was great fun. I recommend it to everyone, but Rob. Probably could not handle it.
Nice meeting you Sherry, glad you made it down.