Sunday, October 25, 2009

Triple Mudman

Cross Country - Districts

First of all both my boys and girls cross country teams are moving on to the region meet next week. The boys placed 3rd and the girls tied for 5th with us losing out on the tie breaker, so sixth.
I was pleased my #4 girl who was out with flu all last week was able to toe the line with her team. She said to me she would not be at top form and may not hit her normal times. You got to love them. My response was 'all you have to do is be in front of our #5 girl and we should move on. She did and the team did. She can show her stuff next week. Bryan Derr was 2nd and Jace Wolford was 8th to qualify as individuals for the boys. Hadley Greer was 13th and Andi Van Sickle was 22nd to move on as individuals. So fun for the coach who gets to torture at least one more week.

Triple Mudman:
1st race (Saturday, 10/24): Night Time Time Trail on a tough 5 km course.
This was a neat race with runners taking off every 10 seconds. My goal was to run like crazy and hold off any runners trying to pass me. 4 passed me in the 1st mile and I passed 3 in the final
2.1. This was an exhilarating run in the dark with just a head lamp. Wow.
I am glad I ran the 6 hour race several weeks ago. It was the same 5 km course. There are some tough sections and turns. Knowing the course aloud me to prevent any face plants, as some did. No one was injured or died during this run. I came in 44th, time was 29:42.

2nd race (Sunday 9:30 AM, 10/25): Steeplechase on log strewn, hale bale obstacles, and mud pits, and even ropes strewn across the trail. Different 5 km course and very challenging. I decided to go after this 5 km and try to do well. I came in 39th, 32:54. Don't laugh at the time unless you went through the course.

3rd race (Sunday 11:00 AM, 10/25): 10 Km Cross Country race. The first mile and half were the most challenging as it was in pasture that was muddy and ankle twisting. They mowed it, but I think they should have left it alone. The rest was trail. My legs were tired, but I pushed until the 4th mile when my gas tank ran a little low causing me to walk up the hills. I did not wait for the results of this race or the outcome of the Triple Mudman. They will be posted on the site: Mudman tomorrow.
I recommend this race as it was fun, friendly, and challenging. Be brave, be a Mudman!

1 comment:

Sherry Carpenter said...

Really enjoyed meeting you last week! It was a lot of fun. Good luck on your race coming up.