Monday, December 8, 2008

There is something to be said about winter. #@*%!!

I came to the conclusion today my mood about running wasn't going to change since winter is here and will be here for some time. I hate winter. It's cold and there's snow and ice. Dreary!
Of course I could do like Rob Powell and run on my treadmill for 2 hours. Now that's worse than the cold, snow and ice.

So yesterday I implemented my new plan. Run long and meditate while running all the good things about winter. Then after a minute or two of meditation, finish the planned run.

Yesterday I ran at Mohican for 5 miles. Snow and ice...yes. 18 degrees...yes, and a little wind.

Today ran on the B+O Trail for 10 miles. Warmer than Sunday, 28 degrees. The rest was the same plus a little rain.

With my wife's health situation I have modified my race plans. Dropping URINEO 50 on 12/20 and Rocky Raccoon 100 on 2/7. Plus I'm not in condition to go the distance.
Still going to New Mexico on 1/18 to run Ghost Town 38.5 mile race. So I better get ready.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

setbacks happen Don. Don't beat yourself up. I had a weekend of sickness that took me off track briefly.

Hope to see you sooner rather than later.

Running 2 Mohican said...

you already have Texas anyways. NM on the books and it does not need to be pretty.

Don: said...

Mike,
Thanks, I try not to beat my self up to bad, but time is running out on me for a sub 20 hr. 100 miler. And there are only two places I would have a chance to make that happen. RR or Umstead.

Rob,
NM probably won't be pretty especially with the climb in the first 6 miles. However, it is all down mtn. the last 6 miles.

Unknown said...

The miserable cold will come next year and so will all of those races.
I think I'm the Setback King, so take it from me. Take care of the important stuff first.

Anonymous said...

We will miss you at URINEO.

Don: said...

Nick,
I totally agree.
So now for a beer.

Slim,
Thanks Slim, will be thinking of you guys and gals enjoying the trails of Mill Creek.